Impacts ALL Students, Undergraduate and Graduate!
- If a class you hope to add is full, get on the Web Reg wait list now, during pre-registration.
- Web Reg wait lists will be used by ALL departments from pre-registration through the add deadline.
- The wait list sequence is first-come, first-served, so be sure to enroll during your appointment time!
- An automated computer program will move eligible students off the Web Reg wait lists and into classes as seats become available.
- The program will send messages to your @ucsd email about the outcome of add attempts.
- If on waitlist and pre-req is not met, you will be dropped from the waitlist.
- If you have a registration hold, you will be by-passed on the waitlist but not dropped.
- You will be able to see how many students are on the waitlist before adding yourself to the list, and you will be able to see the waitlist numbers move in real-time.
How to Wait-List a Class
Summary: If you wish to enroll in a class that is full, you can put yourself on a wait list. Learn how below.
Facts about wait-listed classes:
- Classes can be wait-listed until the end of the second full week of classes. See deadlines for the academic year.
- Students may not add and wait list more than 19.5 units total during pre-registration and 22 units once classes begin.
- If a student does not meet class requirements when the attempt is made to move them from the wait list into the class, the student will not be added to the class.
What to do if:
1. The class or section you want is full.
- WebReg will offer you the option of enrolling in another open section of that class, or wait-listing the section.
- You can only wait-list for one section of a course.
- You cannot be simultaneously enrolled and wait-listed in different sections of a course.
- Use WegReg if you are pre-authorized to enroll in a full class; however, you must drop yourself from the wait list.
Note: Classes you have wait-listed will display in WebReg.
2. You change your mind and want to add or wait-list a different section of a class for which you are already enrolled.
- Check the Schedule of Classes to make sure there are seats available.
- Drop the section in which you are already enrolled or wait-listed.
- After completing the drop, add or wait-list a different section.
Note: If you want to know your place on the wait list, check your Class List.
3. You want to find out if you were placed into a section from the wait list.
- If you are enrolled in a wait-listed class, it will be included on your Class List and you will be notified by e-mail.
- If the class appears on your Class List, go to WebReg and select your grading option.
If you have any questions let us know! email@example.com