Secondary Track: History
- The following requirements are for freshman and transfer students that entered UCSD prior to Fall 2013.
- For freshman and transfer students that entered UCSD after to Fall 2013, please find the current major requirements here.
- A secondary track is NOT required for students entering UCSD Fall 2013 and later.
- To fulfill a secondary track, students must select five (5) 4-unit, upper-division, non-language courses selected from the approved list.
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade of C- or better.
- A secondary track CANNOT be the same as the primary track.
All five (5) courses must be 4 units, upper-division and taken for a letter grade of C- or better.
Select five (5) courses from the approved list:
- HIAF. History of Africa
- HIEU. History of Europe
- HIEA. History of East Asia
- HINE. History of the Near East
- (With exception of HINE 151, 152, 153)
- HILA. History of Latin America
- HIRE. History of Religion
- HISC. History of Science
- HITO. History Topics
- (With exception of HITO 194-199)
Note: History of the United States (HIUS) courses are NOT accepted for a secondary track in History.
International Studies Academic Advising Resources
- International Studies Programs
- Administrative Resources