Secondary Track: Literature
- The following requirements are for freshman and transfer students that entered UCSD prior to Fall 2013.
- For freshman and transfer students that entered UCSD after to Fall 2013, please find the current major requirements here.
- A secondary track is NOT required for students entering UCSD Fall 2013 and later.
- To fulfill a secondary track, students must select five (5) 4-unit, upper-division, non-language courses selected from the approved list.
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade of C- or better.
- A secondary track CANNOT be the same as the primary track.
All five (5) courses must be 4 units, upper-division and taken for a letter grade of C- or better.
Five (5) upper-division courses must be selected from the following:
- LTEN. Literatures in English
- LTEN 188. Contemporary Caribbean Literature
- LTEN 189. Twentieth-Century Postcolonial Literatures
- LTWL. Literatures of the World
- LTWL 140. Novel and History in the Third World
- LTWL 141. Islam and Modernity
- LTWL 149. The Last Turn of the Century in the West
- LTWL 150. Modernity and Literature
- LTWL 152. Introduction to Islam
- LTWL 153. Literature, Religion, and Culture in Iran
- LTWL 157. Iranian Film
- LTWL 167. Russia and the Jewish Imagination from the Enlightenment to the Present
- LTWL 168. Death and Desire in India
- LTAM. Literatures of the Americas
- LTAM 110. Latin American Literature in Translation
- LTAM 111. Comparative Caribbean Discourse
- LTAM 130. Reading North by South
- LTCS. Literature/Cultural Studies
- LTCS 133. Globalization and Culture
- LTCS 141. Special Topics in Race and Empire
- LTCS 145. National Cultures in Colonial and Postcolonial Contexts
- All course listed under:
- LTAF. African Literatures
- LTCH. Chinese Literature
- LTEA. East Asian Literatures
- LTEU. European and Eurasian Literatures
- With exception of LTEU 100, 102, 105
- LTFR. Literatures in French
- With exception of LTFR 160
- LTGM. Literatures in German
- LTIT. Literatures in Italian
- LTKO. Korean Literature
- LTPR. Portuguese Literature
- LTRU. Russian Literature
- With exception of LTRU 104A, B, C)
- LTSP. Literatures in Spanish
- With exception of LTSP 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 160, 162, 166)
International Studies Academic Advising Resources
- International Studies Programs
- Administrative Resources