Secondary Track: Political Science
- The following requirements are for freshman and transfer students that entered UCSD prior to Fall 2013.
- For freshman and transfer students that entered UCSD after to Fall 2013, please find the current major requirements here.
- A secondary track is NOT required for students entering UCSD Fall 2013 and later.
- To fulfill a secondary track, students must select five (5) 4-unit, upper-division, non-language courses selected from the approved list.
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade of C- or better.
- A secondary track CANNOT be the same as the primary track.
All five (5) courses must be 4 units, upper-division and taken for a letter grade of C- or better.
Five (5) upper-division courses must be selected from the following:
- All courses numbered POLI 120 – 159:
- Comparative Politics: POLI 120A – POLI 139A
- International Relations: POLI 140A – POLI 159
A maximum of one (1) course may be selected from the following subfields:
- American Politics: POLI 100A – POLI 108
- Political Theory: POLI 110A – POLI 119A
- Policy Analysis: POLI 160AA – POLI 168
- Research Methods: POLI 170A – POLI 181
International Studies Academic Advising Resources
- International Studies Programs
- Administrative Resources