UC San Diego SearchMenu

Graduate School Preparation - FAQ

I need a letter recommendations from professors for graduate school, but I am not well acquainted with any of them. What should I do?

Professors regularly write letters for students with whom they have little contact. The professor will often contact the teaching assistant under whom you worked with. Never hesitate to ask for a letter from any professor from whom you received a good grade.
Study Abroad
Career Services


Office Location:
Gildred Latin American Studies Building, #20
Phone: (858) 822-5299
Email: isp@ucsd.edu

Current Students:
Virtual Advising Center